They have even put together a suite of Apps called PortableSuite that you can download that includes things like Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird and others.
Get it at:
From their site:
A portable app is a computer program that you can carry around with you on a portable device and use on any Windows computer. When your USB flash drive, portable hard drive, iPod or other portable device is plugged in, you have access to your software and personal data just as you would on your own PC. And when you unplug the device, none of your personal data is left behind.
No Special Hardware - Use any USB flash drive, portable hard drive, iPod/MP3 player, etc
No Additional Software - Just download the portable app, extract it and go
No Kidding - It's that easy
Consider the Possibilities...
- Carry your web browser with all your favorite bookmarks
- Carry your calendar with all your appointments
- Carry your email client with all your contacts and settings
- Carry your instant messenger and your buddy list
- Carry your whole office suite along with your documents and presentations
- Carry your antivirus program and other computer utilities
- Carry all your important passwords and account information securely
Consider the Convenience...
- Have your favorite websites handy to recommend to a friend or colleague
- Have your presentation AND the required software ready to go for that big meeting
- Have your password with you if you want to bank online while traveling
- Have utilities handy when visiting family or friends that are having PC problems
Definitely worth having a look at!