Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy is proud to release a Terminal Server Load Balancing suite for Microsoft Terminal Services, absolutely FREE.
Download it from: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au/CAD_Utils.htm
The first release is a Terminal Server Client extension that allows load balancing of Terminal Servers in a single Domain. The process balances sessions across a farm of terminal servers within a domain, applying a user load criteria to distribute the sessions evenly. This program also reconnects a client to a disconnected session based on computer name only.
Release 1.0 includes the following features:
- Basic Load balancing among Terminal Services in a single domain
- Administrative server selection to create Server farm
- User load balancing Criteria to distribute sessions evenly
- Reconnect a Disconnected session in the TS Server farm (reconnects based on Computer name only).
This addon requires the Microsoft Terminal Server Client to be installed on the operating machine. The Microsoft Terminal Server Client (MSTSC.EXE ) must be located in %systemroot%\system32 of the client machine.
This addon is currently only designed for clients running Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP (All Versions) and Windows Vista. A Windows 98 version is also in development, a linux edition may also be release, depending on user interest.
The next edition of TSLoadBal - Client Edition will include:
- Client option control such as screen size, colors etc..
- Application specification - Launch applications from a load balanced server farm
-More to come ..
TSLoadBal - Server Edition will be available soon, that will provide a central database for load balancing. The current client version calculates load balancing from the client end.
How TSLoadBal -Client Edition works:
1. The TsLoadBal Client works on a simple principle.
2. The client is launched.
3. The client Enumerates the list of Terminal Servers in the Current Domain.
4. The client checks the Terminal Server farm list as compiled by the user or administrator. All settings are stored in CURRENT_USER registry key
5. The client checks to see if the server farm has a disconnected session that matches the computer name of the current machine running the program. If a session exists, the Microsoft Terminal Server Client native to the OS is launched with the server information predefined.
6. The client checks to see which server has the least load based on user sessions.
7. The client launches the Microsoft Terminal Server Client native to the OS with the server information predefined
If you would like to offer feedback, ideas or comments on the TSLoadBal Suite, please go to http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au.
Please remember the TSLoadBal Suite is freeware. The freeware version is offered AS IS. Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy has made every effort possible to ensure that this product is free of any bugs or errors, however in no way is this product to be considered error or bug free. You assume all responsibility for any damages or lost data that may result from any errors or bugs in this product.
IN NO EVENT WILL CTRL-ALT-DEL IT CONSULTANCY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY GENERAL,SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT WILL CTRL-ALT-DEL IT CONSULTANCY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS PRODUCT.
Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
Citrix Technology Professional
Provision Networks VIP
CEO The Kenzig Group
Post a Comment