To permanently set the zoom level on Internet Explorer 9 some registry know how is required. Do not attempt this action if you are unsure about any steps! Bad things can happen when you mess with the registry if you do not know what you are doing. You have been warned.This article is adapted from and then embellished by me from the Microsoft Page at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2689447
Internet Explorer Zoom lets you make the screen display larger or smaller so that a webpage is easier to read. Unlike changing the font size, zoom enlarges or reduces everything on the page, including text and images. You can zoom from 10% to 1,000%. This article describes how to set the default zoom in Internet Explorer 9 to a custom level.
Some people want the zoom level in Internet Explorer 9 to stay at a level they set. Unfortunately there is no way to do this without opening the registry and setting a value yourself.
Once you set the value all Internet Explorer Windows will open in that zoom size until you go back into the registry and change it back.
So here is a tutorial from Microsoft on how to do it.
You can permanently set the default zoom in Internet Explorer 9 to a custom level if you want to. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type regedit in the search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Zoom
- In the details pane, double-click ZoomFactor.
- Click Decimal.
5. If you want to set the default zoom level to 125%, type 125000, and then click OK.
(For 150% type 150000, for 200% type 200000, etc.) To reset back to 100% follow
the above directions again and change the value back to 100000
6. Close Registry Editor.
7. Log off of Windows and then log on again. (or shutdown and restart your computer)
8. Open Internet Explorer. The zoom level should now ALWAYS be set to 125%.