SpikeExplore extends the functionality of QSlice.exe—it captures the spiking thread details and user dumps of spiking processes. Spiking thread details are saved to Microsoft Word .doc files.
- It has a user-friendly GUI.
- It supports three types of dump creation options using the File menu (multiple select is possible):
- It creates user dumps of selected processes.
- It creates Word documents with the user dumps of selected spiking processes along with thread details.
- It creates Word documents with the user dumps of all spiking processes along with spiking thread details. It currently dumps all processes that consume more than 10 percent of the CPU.
- It supports a pop-up File menu to create user dumps and spiking thread details.
- It provides toolbar buttons for the three dumping menu items listed above for the File menu (refer to the second bullet above).
- It is supported on x86 systems, 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000 Server.
- It updates the CPU usage of the machine and individual processes every second.
Note: CPU usage for this tool is around 0 to 1 percent.
- By default it uses NTSD.exe as the default debugger to create user dumps. It also provides the option to change the default debugger to other known debuggers (for example, windbg.exe or userdump.exe).
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
Citrix Technology Professional
Provision Networks VIP
CEO The Kenzig Group
Post a Comment